Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bigger master cylinder

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I think my master cylinder needs to be replaced, so instead of replacing it with a 7/8" (?) standard master cylinder, is there any benefits of installing a master cylinder with a 1" bore? Will it bolt up?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Don't bother stick with stock.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
My vh has stock vp discs/calipers and standard rear vn discs and its booster let go one day(master leaked fluid into the booster)...I replaced it with a vt booster and master as the cost was similar to a new inch stock vh cylinder and now it stops so well with next to no travel so for me it was very worth it .
If your car has a plastic booster the later model cylinder will bolt up (it is very similar to look at to stock vs but with bigger internals)if you cut the screw off flush with the rod on the booster where it contacts the cylinder or buy the spacer that makes up the difference that goes between the master/booster.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
VT Booster and Master sounds the go I guess for our VS's, does it bolt up or do quite a few mods need doing?

Guide here on Calaisturbo forums on putting it onto earlier models - http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=134762
Think some applies for the VS.

Does it make a difference if you have ABS or not as to how hard the conversion will be? e.g do you have to find a VT with ABS to get master/booster from
if your VS has ABS? as in are master cylinders on ABS cars internally different?

As for VS, which ones had the 7/8 and the 1" Master?

Last edited: