Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

urgent problem need help

vs2nvi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec 3.8l
Hi guys got massive problem, basically problem is my battery light goes on and off periodically, tested the battery and the current etc is fine, even when the alternator is running still correct in terms of numbers 14. something.... Also it just happened today, i start the car it makes the sound that it would if you have the engine running and try to start it again, but when i do it, it is just starting once and making that high pitched scratching sound. any help would be appreciated gotta get it fixed asap
thanks
Michael
hope the discription helped

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
sounds like your brushes are worn out in the alternator.

vs2nvi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec 3.8l
and the starting sound would be the starter motor???

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The squealing noise when starting could be the alternator belt slipping - if it's only working now and then, the battery will be getting low on charge and the alt will have to produce max amps so it may slip.
Re brushes - you can get a new reg and brushes for about $50 - only 2 screws to remove and fit the new ones. To check you can remove the reg and brushes and if they are worn down then that's your problem.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Alternator, it's regulator and/or the belt are screwed.

I'm sorry - your massive problem seems to have got lost on the internets somewhere - repost it and I'll try to help on that one too.

Reaper