Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore vibrates and idles low

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
hey if theres any one out there that could help with me problem that would be great ok
ill start from the begingin . i got the car roughly about 6 months ago and it was running very good and had no issues at all but i thought i would change the leads and plugs as they looked old so i did and i also cleaned TB and Plenum champer as it was filthy inc IAC TPS the rough idle was still there it was when i put the PACEMAKER extractors on i noticed the low idle and the vibrations ???? thats when it started.. so i changed oxy sens thinkin they where F#@kDD didnt make any difference also changed coil packs as well as number 2/5 wasnt getting a readying with the multi meter didnt change anything so i looked over for the vibrations and i notice that the alternator bearings were loose so i got the replaced as well as transmission mounts it was done for didnt fix the vibration that much of a great deal so after that got the injectors cleaned and orings replaced they werer fine and swapped IAC valves just in case it was playing silly buggers . couldnt think off anything else much more apart from get a compression and all cylinders came in at 190 psi approx at normal operatting temperature. and also no error codes or anything .12 ..changed oil and filter ..please can someone help me out some how im lost to go next any help or suggestions would be great thank you

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Maybe try a mates ECU that works fine and see if that changes the prob.

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
plently of power doesnt seem to hesitiate when giving it abit like i said plenty of power but i did forget to mention was when at idle i can feel threw the steering wheel a light thump no sure why if that helps

Proman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
wouldnt be the Crank angle sensor on its way out would it?? maybe

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
i do have aspair ECU but its an early model ( WOOBLES ) cheers

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
if it as the crank agle sensor wouldnt that affect the igniotion make it stall ??

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
also the vibration is alot more noticable in DRIVE than NEUTRAL rpm in N is About 850 ...D rpm 700