Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Wont Turn Over

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi Guys.

OK, So story is, The Mrs Went to start her car, And turned the Key, ignition was on, Dash lights etc, fuel pump primed, But nothing from the engine, No turn over no nothing. So I Tried a the spare key, Immobiliser was off etc, Lights, power, But not even a single click from the start motor, as even a flat battery will cause it to at least click, but high beams etc was fine, yes in park. So several hours passed, Went back out and just stuck the key back it, touched nothing else, and started no dramas, So a week latter of it not doing it, happened again, then waited 5 mins, tried again then away we went again. SO WTF is causing this stupid issue. I spoke to my father about his old VS and mentioned the same **** use to happen to him. So any ideas at all.
I Thought Maybe the Shifter sensor but since i did not touch it, i doubt its the issue here.

Cheers :)

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Hoping some one can help as I have the same issue.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
2 things come to mind, either a dodgy relay, or the key contact around the ignition barrel isnt making proper contact. i would try gently bending the contacts out a little, may help but since you mentioned that the immobliser was off, could point to a dodgy relay

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yep I have already bent the Key Connector around the key hole, and makes a strong contact so i know its not that. Well im going to open the bonnet and spray all the Relays with some WD. check for water etc