Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs factory lpg and petrol problem

rrrev

rev
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
go easy on me as this is first post and its more than likely in the wrong place! i've got an oct 95 vs with factory lpg fitted and recently the heater tap broke 2 k's from home in the dark.did a quik fix and plugged the hoses. the engine started to cut out on the way home and it clicked i'd cut off the hot water to the convertor.the way it cut out was different to any freeze ups ive had in other lpg cars,seemed electrical as though someone flicked a switch then 10 seconds later full power again.
renewed heater tap,hoses etc and now it wont start on lpg and will only idle on petrol and not rev at all.ive spent last few weeks eliminating all error codes (19,21,35, and more i forget) and checking wiring,earths,trying another ecu with and without original memcal. it will run at idle on lpg if u hold the "purge" button on the convertor in
theres 2 "vac pump"things that go to the mixer and one is going non stop now and green light on lpg controller keeps time with it. wen it idles red light goes out and green goes solid. (attached pics) this other post seems very close to whats happening http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/general/149662-vt-commodore-does-not-rev-up.html im thinking its the lpg controller but im outa clues. if anyone can help id appreaciate it bigtime.

Attachments

• vs vac..jpg
    vs vac..jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • vs lpg control_edited-1.jpg
    vs lpg control_edited-1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 877

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
You haven't touched anything else that would cause the problem so I suggest that the cooling system has not had all the air bled out of it after the leak. There are other posts on how to do that but you need to open the bleed screw on top of the inlet manifold/radiator hose neck with the coolant level raised higher than it (the bleed screw) with a funnel.

I you have done that already, was the battery disconnected at some point? That may clear the LPG controller (Impco ADP if it's factory) memory. There is a self learn procedure after first start which I can look up if you think you need it.

rrrev

rev
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
thanks for the reply mate.. i havent bleed the cooling system as youve described and will do this after work tomorrow. the battery has been in and out numerous times. the lpg controller has been unplugged as well and all connections checked etc. it seems as if the car is in limp mode. i dropped the exhaust this arvo as someone suggested a total cat fault,this did nothing n exhaust is back on.any advice with the lpg controller would be good and yes its factory fitted and theres a pic of it attached to original post . cheers