Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr torque converter symptons

stacked

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 calais/ vr s2
i think my torque converter is on its way out can anyone tell what there symptoms are??

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You might be better telling us what you auto problems are - TQ's can fail for dozens of different reasons but are generally very reliable and usually only changed when the transmission fails and crap gets deposited inside the TQ.

stacked

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 calais/ vr s2
new box does not want to engage gears revs more than go???? old owner trashed last box had metal all through pan any ideas if i could have fked torque converter?

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Converter AND transmission are fked.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Like RX25SE say, both are probably buggered as they share the same oil and when the box fails and starts shedding shards of steel it gets pumped thru with the oil into the torque converter. Once inside the TQ they are very difficult/impossible to remove completely. Another part that also gets it's share of steel shards is the oil cooler in the radiator and is often forgotten resulting in early trans failure.
The car may also be in Limp Home Mode (LHM) which restricts you to 3rd gear making the car feel like it's being driven by a rubber band so check for error codes which may have been left (this is a long shot) https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
i think my torque converter is on its way out can anyone tell what there symptoms are??

Take two asprin and if symptoms persist please see your doctor.
Sorry couldn't help myself.

stacked

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 calais/ vr s2
dont worry i gave it a kickin the guts and told to get over it but still not work lol