Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

i need help my commodore is not going

mellisawilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
i was just wondering if anyone had any toubleshooting pages they could copy and send me as my beloved commodore broke down yesterday,it was driving well until it stopped and on restarting would only go fo a few seconds and then stopped again,i have since tried restarting it and it won't go,i have a max ellery manual but it doesn't have a troubleshooting part in it,i know the haynes and gregory's ones usually do,any help on this matter would be really appreciated

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
With what hako said you can sometimes poor a cold drink onto the cas like a coke or something to cool it down and it may fire back up( yes i now it sounds silly). It could also be a fuel problem. Remove the kick panel on the passenger side footwell and check the little light on the computer and check the sequence and colour. If you have trouble just ask :)

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Remove the kick panel on the passenger side footwell and check the little light on the computer and check the sequence and colour. If you have trouble just ask :)

don't have that on anything newer than VL.

mellisawilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
thanx guys,i'll try that tomorrow,it decided to rain on me today so i havn't had much of a look at it,but i will try and check for codes and have a look over it tomorrow if i can,i'm glad i found this website though it has been very helpful

mellisawilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
i tried to start it again today and it won't go,i even flattened the battery :(,so i charged the battery tried starting it again still no go,so i checked for codes its keeps giving me a 12,i'm stumped,does anyone know what else i could try,i really need my car at this time of year

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
it kept giving me code 12,so i'm stumped :(
It repeats code 12 three times then it should show errors codes if any after that.

Has it got fuel? It may say it has some but the gauge could be faulty or maybe the pump is not working...

mellisawilson

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore wagon
it jut kept repeating code 12 until i turned the key off,it dislplayed it over 3 times more like 20 times lol,it has over a quarter of a tank of fuel and i just jerry canned another 10 litres in on top of that,and i can hear the fuel pump working,so i'm not sure what to try next