Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

water leak! please help

bobby digzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs wagon
hey guys ive noticed a water leak in my 95 vs wagon which seems to look like its coming from the back of the engine near the transmission.i have no access to ramps or a hoist to get a good look were its coming from but thats the general area its leaking from.im losing about 1 litre of water every 3-4 days any suggestions on were its comming from? thanks

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Your airconditioner has a drain pipe near the transmission to dump all the water it builds up while you have the aircon on, unless the water is green. (I hope you use coolant and not tap water in your engine).

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
If it is coolant, might be a welch plug?

bobby digzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs wagon
Your airconditioner has a drain pipe near the transmission to dump all the water it builds up while you have the aircon on, unless the water is green. (I hope you use coolant and not tap water in your engine).
cheers please excuse my lack of knowledge with cars even tho my father was a mechanic but does the air con use the water from your radiator? as i have noticed its not leaking all the time only in the afternoons as i mostly allways have the aircon on?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
The aircon will condense moisture from the air as it cools it down, the water then runs out of drain tubes under the transmission. It will be clear. If the water leaking is green it will be coolant.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
as i have noticed its not leaking all the time only in the afternoons as i mostly allways have the aircon on?

Then this is normal

And no the air con does not use water from the radiator.