Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power steering problem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
My 3.8 vr has been sitting for just about a year now and I'm finnaly getting her back on the road, I start her and let her run for 10 mins or so most weeks. My powerstearing reservoir is empty and every time I fill it it drains back out, I took the reservoir off and the seals and hose are fine so it's coming out somewhere else. Any one have any ideas where or how I can chek it out? Thanks

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
um steering arm boots probably full of oil then, if that's the case prob easiest fix is replace the power steering rack.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
All you can do is degrease the area and then inspect. As The1 says, it could be leaking into the boots - try squeezing them and if they are full of fluid you will feel it.
Also, you say "My powerstearing reservoir is empty and every time I fill it it drains back out,".....can you explain a bit more please.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
What are the boots? I mean I started my car one day and it had no powerstearing fluid, so bought a 600ml bottle or what ever size it was and poured most of it in, then next time I checked my car the powerstearing fluid was empty again.

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
keep pouring it in till u c where its coming from.

fix and replace by then