Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 not starting

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
hi all my beloved vs commodore is not starting, it cranks over but doesnt fire, checked codes none come up, snap on scanner, i've got spark, but dont have clip to get fuel pressure line off at home its at work get it tommorow, but the security coded led goes off when i turn ignition on but starts flashing when i crank it over.

so is it a bcm issue or a farked fuel pump.( cant here pump priming when iginition turned on)
whacked the bottom of the fuel tank does nothing

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If you cant hear the fuel pump prime for the 2 seconds,then thats probably whats wrong with it.You can try to get it running by getting someone to belt the bottom of the fuel tank with a piece of wood whilst you turn the ignition key to the on position.Sometimes its just enough of a jolt to get it running again.

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
sounds like battery in your key head not turning off the imobiliser

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Usually if its a problem with the ignition keyfob, or if the immobiliser(BCM) doesnt recieve a signal from the keyfob for some reason,the engine wont even attempt to crank over.Try pressing the remote buttons while cranking it and see what happens.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Could be a fuse? Check your engine fuse in ur engine bay.. I couldnt start my car, and fuel pump wasnt priming.. and it was just a fuse..

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
Fuel pump, all fixed now

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi,

I've got a similar problem i got a VS.

The car starts, but needs cranking of probably 3 seconds, I don't think I can hear the fuel pump priming,
but it definitely runs once car is on as it doesn't stall or anything.

Just wondering how loud should the fuel pump be, do you have to be right near the tank to hear it?

Jacko84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina soon to be 5L
what state u in easy as test take the fuel line off at rear of engine bay drivers side turn key onto ignition should have fuel priming out .