Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs v8 clutch cable

cannibalrikman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs maloo
Hey commodore fans I'm doing a auto to t5 manual conversion and would like some pics or info about the t5 manual clutch cable. The clutch cable I have is the one that fits vn-vs series 1. I think there is a dampener that fits on to the cable that I don't have. Does this dampener fit on the bell housing or the pedal end? Any info or pics would be great.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
there should be a big round brass looking part that the cable goes through up on the pedal box end and other end just goes through the holder on the box

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
what do u mean by 'dampener' exactly? ive got a vs 5L with a T5 in it and havent noticed anything on the cable

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
when you take the cable out the part im thinking of will stay up connected to the pedal box. if he is doing a conversion they might have lost the part as it has to come off to remove the pedal box

cannibalrikman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs maloo
I,ve got another t5 cable of a series 2 vs that has a metal spacer that slips on to the cable but doesn't fit. Does my new cable that fits need the metal spacer? and which end does it go? Cheers. Any info please

inocnt vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5ltr, Vg ute,
i reckn it goes on engine bay side of firewall, where the cable comes thru..