Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS problems

robol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore sedan
Hi, just after some advice on where to start to fix a problem with my VS commodore sedan V6

was driving home yesterday and the engine management light came on, also noticed car wasn't shifting into 4th so had higher revs than normal, car engine seemed quite hot but probably from the revs, was a hot day and though water seemed fine

when i stopped at home car wouldn't restart, had to jump start it so i could drive to dealer, but about 100 metres down the road the engine started to cut out and then cutout completely

so did the code check and got;

49 crank angle sensor and
75 system voltage too low

i'm guessing the problem is electrical, so will check battery, alternator etc
but was wondering if the crank angle sensor issue could cause electrical issues?

i don't want to replace a heap of electrical stuff if its all being caused by that?

would an electrical problem stop it going into 4th? or is that the crank angle sensor..

engine has been running a bit rough the past few days too

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
Ur cas will be cause low spark which is causing it to cut out run rough, ur exu could be in limp mode swell, check ur altinator maybe shot

zelby11

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SCOOTER
Check the coil pack my car was driving really rough I changed all electrical items,plugs,leads but it was still running like a 1 cylinder.Put a new coil pack in and presto the car goes great again

robol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore sedan
thanks for the ideas, i started looking at the electricals and 2 seconds later found the alternator cable burnt, it snapped when i touched it. guess i better do the CAS as well