Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Running Rough

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Hey All
As most u know, had all the injectors out, cleaned em all etc n now they are in, its running rough as guts!
when its stone cold, it like poodles along, the occasional backfire until it hits about 50k where is steadies out
sounds like its missing somewhere...
checked all the injectors, all working!
what could be wrong?
only thing i could think of, was a replaced the fuel flow regulator, but im not sure if i got it the right way around!
anyone got any advice as to how i can tell?
also replaced the fuel filter, but i checked all the connections there, no problems there
theres no smell of petrol anywhere either!
its got me stumped!
the plugs n lead are only 3 weeks old as well!

scozz

Reaction score
Try Cleaning the Throttle Body and / or check for vacuum leaks at the throttle body, vacuum hoses and inlet manifold.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
had a good look around there, cant see anything! thats the thing thats annoying me!
the only thing that i can think of is that i replaced the manifold air temp sensor, so im not sure whether that would be causing the problem at all?
Anyone got any ideas?

N

neil

i had the same problem ..it ended up being bad fuel in the tank i had to drain the tank . caltex fuel

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Caltex fuel made my mums car puff black smoke once. The next tank was shell and it was beautiful.

Toa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW J&S Supa Sport Dune Buggy
Check your plugs and leads again, I once bought a dodgy set of NGK plugs which all failed one by one within the first 1000 kays of putting them in.