Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Antenna!!

D

danny6424

Hey guys this is my first post so i dont really know what im doing!! I have a Vs Calais and i jus got a new sound system installed. Now whenever i listen to a CD the antenna comes up n when i change CD it goes down then up again and it annoys the hell outta me :b: . As i never listen to the radio i was hoping to disconnect it but i dont know how. If you guys could help me out it would be great. BTW i cant take the fuse out as it runs 3 things. Cheers Danny.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
hahaha i feel your pain...mines exactly the same mate...but i just cant be bothered to pull it apart. Anyway you have the 12V going to the antenna on the wrong circuit. I belive its on the Accessories line and it needs to be on the constant line...or the other way around. Anyway you will figure it out just swap the wire to the other one....

Also does your radio work with the car completely off? Because that might also be it. You may need to wire the CONSTANT on your stereo onto the CONSTANT (it will be on accessories now)

Hope this helps.

D

danny6424

Lol its so frustrating!! I got it installed professionally cus i dont now much about electronics!! im guessing you mean i have to take my headunit out? maybe its just best if i go back to hi fi supermarket and ask them haha. Thanks for your help mate.

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Yeh just take the head unit out...Trust me its fairly easy and heres a link on how to do it all :) VR-VS STEREO

Hope that helps...All you really need to do is remove the head unit, Cut the wire off and re solder it to the new connection...I might do mine later on today (you have inspired me lol) and ill post back what wires i changed

Cheers

D

danny6424

Im just scared ill stuff something up lol. Do you know if its possible to disconnect it at the antenna motor? Cause that sounds easyier. Thanks Ducatis, P.S im glad i inspired you, have fun hehe.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
the only other way two disconnect it is to take the left quater pannel off (where the anntenna is) and cut the wires comeing outta the antenna to the heatunit

D

danny6424

Thanks berlinaIIvs thats sounds like an even bigger job though lol.