Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Internal fuel pump issue (duel fuel)!!!

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
hey all.. new to this forum......

I have a '96 VS acclaim running on duel fuel...

Now my issues is we have been through 2 fuel pump due to condensation in the pump.....

As far as i know the gas setup should of been installed in a way that when the car is started it runs on petrol and then automatically switches to gas... I can clarify that the system doesnt and we have to automatically switch to petrol everytime we start the car!!!!

now im not sure what replacement fuel pump was put in the second time but the same problem of condensation has developed, we get a very loud whinning noise comin from the pump and the fuel line (N.B the car wasent always started on Petrol)!!! I was told that the reason why condensation builds up in the pump is because of NOT starting the car on petrol everytime!!!

My questions are::

1) Can anyone confirm that the condensation problem is directly related to NOT starting on petrol!!

2) As the gas system was not installed to start of petrol then automatically switch.... is it worth taking it to get fixed or will manually starting the car in petrol the swtiching eliminate the problem of condensation??

3) Lastly whats the best internal pump to go for?

Cheers :b:

pj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I'd only go genuine for the fuel pump, there cheap enough, and you do realize you shouldn't run the tank below about a quarter, consistently. The fuel gets hot, and the nylon rollers in the fuel pump don't like hot fuel, and they'll pack it in.