Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! vs auto, stalled at lights, wouldnt start then started & engine lights on????

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
i was driving down the road tonight, came to an intersection and after about 30 seconds of sitting there my car stalled. (auto ecotec) the electrics still worked though. when trying to start it nothing at all happened. i pushed the car to the side of the road n popped the bonnet and couldnt see anything out of the ordinary. tried to start the car again and it started after about 10 seconds of trying to start and now the check engine light is on... any ideas?
...theres also been a very light buzzing sound once i pass about 60kms, it sort of sounds as if somethings rubbing against a tire but theres nothing. not sure but could be related?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
sounds like the CAS is on its way out, but i would be checking your error codes first. post them up and we'll go from there.

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
you need a special computer to read the codes yeah? i think the the CAS has had it anyways, although when it went in my old vs it never affected anything whilst driving, only when you turn it of then try and start it again (when warm)... plus the check engine light never came on last time. come on people need suggestion here!!

Last edited:

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
No computer needed to check error codes. Just a paperclip.

Do a search for "vs error codes".

Check it out and do it, then report back with the numbers.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
Yeah I know it's a common fault, I knew it was ####ed anyway cos the other day it wouldn't start when it was warm.. Then worked after about 15 mins. Tested it... Got code 46 whichhas no reference?? Wtf???? I'll test it again n see what happens.

AdamOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wags
my mistake, got 46, 47 and 12. so 46 is nothing, 12 is normal, and 47.. guess what... crank angle sensor. is it common for the CAS to cause autos to stall tho? my last vs was manual and when it had the ####ed CAS (for about 4 months) it never stalled once... only the starting issue. could it be cos manual or more mechanical based, in comparison to autos? also any ideas for this sort of humming sound im hearing at sort of 60kmh+

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Mine stalled when I was going 60k/h but I was lucky it started stright away while moving.
No codes and yes mine is an auto.
Sorry no idea about that sound.