Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I snapped a Plenum Chamber bolt on the VS

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Stupid me snapped a bolt on the Plenum Chamber :(
So I am checking to find out if if I can replace the broken bolt or would I need a new Plenum Chamber?

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
More importantly, where is the rest of the bolt? Still in the inlet manifold? Can you remove it?
No you don't need a new plenum. Whilst the plenum bolts are relieved in the centre and supposed to remain as part of the plenum, they can be removed by un-threading them out of their hole or vise versa for fitting a replacement.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Good to know.. thanks for that info.

Yeah the rest of the bolt is still in the inlet manifold :( Not sure how much thread is in it though... My torque wrench failed so i will have a look again when i get a new one hopefully this Sunday... I am sure it will not be hard to remove?

So I can only get this bolt from a Holden dealer?

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Just dug through my bucket of VS bolts. Im going to guess its a seat bolt, its an allen key head, roughly the same length. Pack it up with some washers. That will do untill you get another bolt. See attached. Well you cant since i just killed my phone again :(

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you have a easy out kit? Used for getting snapped bolts out. Or even a reverse thread bolt/screw?
I would have to get one.

Looking down the hole on the plenum you could see where it has snapped off... Hopefully there will be enough there for me to use vise grips or something when I take the plenum off....

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just dug through my bucket of VS bolts. Im going to guess its a seat bolt, its an allen key head, roughly the same length. Pack it up with some washers. That will do untill you get another bolt. See attached. Well you cant since i just killed my phone again :(

Thanks for that info :)