Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cam Angle Sensor?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
car just **** itself down the road, it was missing pretty bad wheneva i accelerated, then it just died, and wen i tried starting it it just siting there turning over (just woodnt start), took battery terminal off then on and started fine . got home and done the self diagnosis and the codes were

12 is fine
but 49 is Cam Angel Sensor or Crank Angle Sensor signal intermittent

ive had the crank angel sensor replaced a few weeks ago, just wondering wot is the cam angel sensor ? and were is it? and if its faulty how much am i looking at?

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
is it the same as crank angle sensor?

Last edited:

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Hmmm i had a faulty crank angle sensor and it only affected my car when it was warm trying to start the car. Dont think that it really plays into it when the car is running. Id be checking the battery as a starter.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
nah its not that.. just got a new alternator and battery put in it :( but cheers ne way

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
When you had the crank angle sensor replaced was the crank pulley replaced?
If you had the sensor replaced because it was damaged the pulley may have sustained damage also (as the pulley usually strikes the sensor causing the initial damage). Even though it is a new sensor it may be damaged again if the gaps on the back of the pulley are out of line. There is probably less than 0.5mm of clearance each side so it doesn't have to be out by much. Hope its something simple though as it can be a pain replacing the sensor and costly if you pay someone else to do it.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
just the sensor :( i really hope its not a big job as i already have 800 booked up :mad: so the cam angle sensor is the same as crank angle?