Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Engine mounts

V

VSAccCom

hey guys i need to replace my engine mounts, think about doing it next week myself anyone got any tips or better instructions that my hanes manual, thanks guys any help would be appreciated

R

rimz81

pretty sure you have to loosen the a/c compressor mounting bolts :D

V

VSAccCom

hmmm thanks for a quick reply, my manual says all i gota do is remove the through bolts :S whatever the fk that is, ne one else removed them

V

VSAccCom

hmm yeah i know but thing is HOW!!!!, o well tmmrw is gona be fun, i dunno how im gona get pass side off, driver side i sused out a bit looks ok to do for a noob lol

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Drivers side is easy and takes minimal effort as long as you have something to lift the engine up.I made a bracket that took in a few manifold studs to lift engine on each sidefrom above using chain block.Left hand one is difficult due to the air con compressor being directly mounted on alloy bracket that the mount is bolted to and one of the mount studs is hard to get to so you have to take compressor off and move so you can get to the bolts that mount bracket to engine block. Of course you lift engine up before you try to undo the bolts to take the weight off the mounts but watch you dont lift too high and push throttle body into firewall.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
not true unbolt the drivers side from the block (support engine first!!) then undo the passenger side from underneath lift the engine as far as you can an then unbolt the passenger side from the block. the air compressor doesnt have to move so long as you have a hoist. make sure you put it back in reverse order and no you cant just undo the k frame bolts and pull it up at least one side must be unbolted from the block