Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leak from heater hoses or valve??

BobEddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR2
i just took my heater hoses off and got new ones, im sorta new to this so im just winging it. I could find where the leak was comin from so i just thought ide replace them all. Then i saw a little pipe from the heater valve running into the car was broken in half. What does this pipe do and would that be what the leak was prob? and whats it called? 'the heater valve hose'?

thanks

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
its either the feed or return coolant line to your heater core, which is situated up under the dash. and yes, if your heater valve was shot, this hose would most likely have been the cause of the leak.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Wouldn't be the vacuum hose which turns the heater valve on/off would it?

BobEddie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR2
yeah that sounds right, its thin compared to all the others, and it goes into the dash under the 2 big hoses.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If that little black hose isn't connected you won't be able to turn the heater on/off and I think it would make a bit of a sucking noise when the engine is running. Any reason why it was broken in two? Is it still leaking or have new hoses fixed it? Hope it isn't a leaking heater radiator core!

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
hey guys, ive just replaced the heater tap on my vs (i was on another post while i did it) i just weat to make sure ive got all the hoses on the right way, i literaly did one hose at a time and put them on in the same place i took them off, but for the sake of my sanity is there any way id be able to tell if id put the hoses in the wrong places? like no hear or heat when its set to cold etc? thanks for your help