Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Statesman grille on commodore

davewgeorge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
does anyone know if the stateman grille will fit on a regular commodore, any pics?? i seen a vy maloo with a caprice grille and it looked friken sweet as.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
as i'm a proud owner of a statesman :king: i can tell you sorry :( the grille will not go on a standard commodore because the statesman grille is a part of the bonnent and goes down to the bumper, were as the commdore the grille is a part of the bumper an it goes up to the bonnet.

Attachments

• qw.bmp
    264.7 KB · Views: 1,567

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
you can if you put the bonnet on... in toowoomba qld there is a vy 1tonner with a statesman bonnet/grill on it...looks mad

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
statement said:
as i'm a proud owner of a statesman :king: i can tell you sorry :( the grille will not go on a standard commodore because the statesman grille is a part of the bonnent and goes down to the bumper, were as the commdore the grille is a part of the bumper an it goes up to the bonnet.
Is there anything but a proud statesman owner?

I concur statement, the grille is incorporated into the bonnet. Will require a complete transplant of the bonnet and front bumper as well.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Eh..I bet ya didn't know Holden released a short wheelbase Shortsman !!!

I found this one on the net..

lmao...just bullshitting

but it appears that the Statesman front panels do fit the commo front end. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DRAGONKZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
L98 VS Caprice Wagon + LS1 VZ Calais
A stato/caprice front end will fit on the front of the sedans/wagons.

You will need a new bonnet, both guards, bumper bar, fog lights (and holders) and bonnet grill.

To buy all of the parts new your looking at around $1-2k easily, to buy them 2nd hand ive got no idea!

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
doesnt the the berlina in some other country have the statesman front end but the commodore rear? i thought i read that on some thread.

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
sixshooter said:
Eh..I bet ya didn't know Holden released a short wheelbase Shortsman !!!

I found this one on the net..

lmao...just bullshitting

but it appears that the Statesman front panels do fit the commo front end. :thumbsup:

if you zoom in you can see that the owner did not change the fenders cause you can see that around the headlight the lines do not match the fender or bonnet.

an just to clear wat i said in the first post, you can fit a stato grille only if buy the bonnet an bumper to match. an to make it look right you will also need the fenders :thumbsup:

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Commodore and statesman in the Vr,Vs range had the same guards and headlights so you dont need to change them.
Holden made a car called the Royale which had a vr,vs stato front on a sedan shell,found them in NZ.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
87rb30devil said:
in toowoomba qld there is a vy 1tonner with a statesman bonnet/grill on it...looks mad

I saw that VY one day and swear I did a triple take - very different and looked great

This VS ute is at the gold coast a fair bit...

Attachments

• vs ute.jpg
    vs ute.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 5,770