Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

injectors pouring

S

skitzo

hey peoples, i have a problem with my injectors where they are literally pouring out fuel on to the top of my engine, just at the bottom of what you can see from looking in the engine bay

its had a fuel smell for abit now but never realised what it was till i played around with the injectors and fuel poured out.... i was wondering what sort of money i would be expecting to pay to get them serviced (new o rings etc) and cleaned and put back in.... rough quotes i have so far are about $250-$300, also there is a little part that can be put on to the injectors called vaporate.... i was wondering if anyone has heard of these before as this guy is the official distributor

i will get the labour done for free as the injectors are already out but its still another $298, if you havent seen it before you can have a look here www.vaporate.com it also increases fuel efficiency by 10-20% so that would be good, and he also reckons throttle response greatly improves but reckons its not a garauntee so that cant state it.... whats your opinions on both topics??

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
dont put vr ones back in, the seats on the onjectors are ****, get vs ones

S

skitzo

getting the injectors re done, with new o rings and cleaned etc, they are being put through the machine aswell, not sure what its called but it tests spray patterns etc, costing me $260 which doesnt seem a bad price as i have been quoted up to like $390

has anyone else had a problem with these... apparently they are spose to be re done every 100,000k's

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Vaporate kits at repco $190 on special.Dont know if they work but.