Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car crabs

I

iceboxx

hi ppl im am new to this forum and i have a question it may sound stupid to a few of you but i would like to no. a few days ago i spun out and hit the gutter pritty hard with the rear driver side wheel and now my vs s2 ute crabs it looks like i have bent the rear control arm mounting bracket i think thats wat its called its the bit where the rear spring sits on and holds the diff central, and i would like to no can i put on a bracket from a vr stationwagon or mayb even from a vn station wagon onto my vs ute will that work? thank you 4 ur help

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
iceboxx said:
hi ppl im am new to this forum and i have a question it may sound stupid to a few of you but i would like to no. a few days ago i spun out and hit the gutter pritty hard with the rear driver side wheel and now my vs s2 ute crabs it looks like i have bent the rear control arm mounting bracket i think thats wat its called its the bit where the rear spring sits on and holds the diff central, and i would like to no can i put on a bracket from a vr stationwagon or mayb even from a vn station wagon onto my vs ute will that work? thank you 4 ur help
im not to sure.u should ring a commodore wrecker maybe they might know

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
there are a few things you couldve damaged when you hit the gutter. upper and lower control arms, brackets, panhard bar.....the spring sits on the lower control arm. if this is what is bent, then it isnt too major. but bear in mind that you have probably bent the panhard bar as well. panhard bar locates your axle housing side to side. a 4 wheel alignment will show up anything once you have fixed the problem. as for what you could change it out with, a wrecker would be best to ask as previously mentioned.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
urhhh.... just to mention that you might also have suffed your rims!!!!