Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird chip

A

adamtuba

Hi,

I got a Chiptorque HP2 chip put in today by Hardcore in Slacks Creek (QLD). They didn't ask me what mods I'd done to the car, and I thought that was weird enough, but all they did was plug it in and told me to thrash the car for a couple of days. They told me to basically let the ECU set itself by doing this.

Is this normal? All up it took them about 10 minutes. Don't they have to programme the chip before they put it in? or at least stick it on a dyno or something?

Thanks.

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
it is normal for a off the shelf chip.chiptorque would have a base program that they use with slightly better fuel and ignition maps and usaully its to suit a car with cold air,filter and exhaust which would probably make a good increase.but not every engine is the same one may have less kays,the injectors could be better than usual for a car of its age all these small factors play a big part in the tunning of the motor so to get the best increase is with a custom tune in real time on the dyno to make the most out of the mods u do have.trust me i know ive been through this to.

Last edited:
A

adamtuba

re: chip

Thanks.

Yeah that's what I thought might be the case. Damn, should have got one from Dr Bob. Half the price and just as good (if not better). Damn Damn Damn

jdjones

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs11 clubby 185i
adamtuba said:
Thanks.

Yeah that's what I thought might be the case. Damn, should have got one from Dr Bob. Half the price and just as good (if not better). Damn Damn Damn
dont stress dude chuck it on the dyno first with wat u got see wat she puts out check the air fuel ratios and go from there u never know it may suit your car and make good power or might go backwards and make less.if it makes less and the air fuel ratios are up **** creek then think about gettn it reprogrammed