Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One for the Techo's

Andreas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS III V6 ute
Yep thermo fan again sorry, I've changed everything as stated in previous threads.
Went to test the thermo fan as per the trusted Gregory's with the added Utility VS series 1 to 3 April 1995 - 2000, well now taking off the coolant temperature sensor wires to check low and fast fan speed, engine will now turn over but not start. Reconnect the sensor bang runs like a dream. Mmmmmmm might this be now the EMC?

Open for suggestions.:hmmm:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The engine should definitley not fail to start with the temp sensor disconnected. Id be trying another ECU to see what happens then. Let us know how you go.

Andreas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS III V6 ute
Thanks Brett,
you recommend purchasing a whole new ECU and place my Mem-Cal into the new unit? I have found some new ECU for around $100 is this a reasonable price.
Regards.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id be trying to borrow an ECU from somewhere first to confirm that the ECU is definitely whats causing the problem. If the vehicle works ok with another ECU installed, then go buy the new one. A wreckers may let you try one out to make sure its whats causing the problem before actually handing over the cash. Yes, use your memcal in the new ECU.

Andreas

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS III V6 ute
Well problem solved, took ute to vehicle tech lilydale, they reset the ECU and cleared 1 only fault code. then I did the fan test again by removing the sensor wire. Vehicle started and fan came on as per the 6 seconds. Only $40 for check, I recommend these guys.
Investigated a new ECU from GMH $1500 but GMH will not release the unit, Mmmmmm!
Thanks again Brett.