Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3.45 LSD Diff

MONVTARO

Reaction score
Hey ppl
I have a VS V6 Aclaim
I am looking at upgrading to a 3.45 Ratio and a LSD and was wondering how much fully installed with me speedo calibrated would cost?

and also any places in mebourne that you would recommend me having it done.

P.s Whats ppl's best option for a exhaust for a grunty note??

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Hmm shame no replies... I would like to know about the LSD as well.

As for exhaust, 2.5" cat back with no resonator seems to be the exhaust of choice on here. I got a quote for $280 from Carline for that or $440 if I want a hi-flow cat as well.

Oh and Carline (at least at Enoggera where I got the quote) will beat anyone elses quote for the same setup.

P

Pengz

i changed my gears and center about 18 months ago.. cost me $1800 without the new speedo drive,

speedo drive cost $105 from holden..

havent had it installed yet.. cbf :D

so about $2000 all up.. but well worth it.. just not when it rains because it kicks out too hard :D

sheldo86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRS2 Berlina 3.8
Sh*t....1800 is a bit steep...I got 2 quotes for a 3.45 lsd for my VR...1100 and 1600 both in Shepparton VIC....includes install and warranty...

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Costs about $900 for a complete stock rear end to be rebuilt, diff inc pinion and crownwheel / bearings and wheel bearings, top and bottom arm rubbers etc, add about $250 for a s/h LSD swap.