Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

engine won't crank

V

vs_ute_chick

Hey,
I have a 96 Vs ute and i'm having problems starting it. I turn the key and the engine won't start, yet the radio and the wipers and lights are still working. All of the fuses are intact, and i have tried over riding the security system as per the manual. But nothing is working, any ideas before i get the profesionals in? Thanks guys. :b:

R

rattattack1313

You checked all the fuses??Including the ones under the steering column???? Try swapping a relay, perhaps.......

V

vs_ute_chick

yeah every single fuse about 50times each lol. and i have tried the relays aswell..with no luck

R

rattattack1313

All the wires are connected correctly to the solenoid/starter motor?????? what happened???? did you change anything prior to this???????

V

vs_ute_chick

it was working perfectly yesterday, and i went to start it this morning and the engine doesn't turn over. i was told to try and roll start it, so i tried that and i sounded like it was about to kick over but couldn't.

R

rattattack1313

LIft the bonnet...... lift off a lead from the coil pack...... turn motor over..(can't, because starter motor doesn't work).... seems it would have to be more on the starter motor/solenoid side of things though ........

V

vs_ute_chick

oh ok...well i will keep looking and if all else fails will get pro's in. thanks for ur help

T

tarantula

hun, just get it jump started :p and check your battery terminals they might not be making enough contact to turn it over, i used to get that problem, and maybe cos of teh coldness ur battery might loose charger,*very rare*.. dose the car make clicking noises when u try and turn it on?