Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cost of rebuilding a VR V6

M

melo86

Hey Guys
I was wondering how much it would cost or a rough estimate on rebuilding my vr v6 to suit a turbo set up.. Ive heard price of up to 8 grand but geez i cannot see 8000 dollars in re building a single v6 engine.. Please help if you can
Cheers

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
melo86 said:
Hey Guys
I was wondering how much it would cost or a rough estimate on rebuilding my vr v6 to suit a turbo set up.. Ive heard price of up to 8 grand but geez i cannot see 8000 dollars in re building a single v6 engine.. Please help if you can
Cheers

more like 3-4 grand i think but not 100% sure

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Would be a lot cheaper to supercharge it, or are you dead set on the turbo?

B

BOV

it cost us 2,5 k to rebuild an ecotec v6 (engine mounts included).

turboing a v6 is a costly thing... might be better to supercharge like others have said.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
melo86 said:
Hey Guys
Cheers

You should be right with some good pistons and some good rod/main bolts and a very good set of gaskets : ), I think in the end Vengence ran all the original motor/bolts except the pistons and hasn't broken yet

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah like every ones saying between 2-4k, but it always depends on how good a job you want, so i mean you could spend heaps just on a full rebore, chem. clean, blueprint and whatnot, so it all depends how far you want to go.

cracker

Reaction score
v6 veg wasnt stock in side.
acl race pistons preped rods arp bolts arp main studs that motor was anythiing but stock.