Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Telephone?

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
According to the manual, there's a connector for a telephone under the glovebox in Berlina/Calais/Statesman.

Apparently there's meant to be some kind of info in the glovebox about this, but I can't see it.

Has anyone ever heard of a VR/VS with a telephone in it? Did they run off the old analogue mobile network?

I reckon I might ask at amcap or coventrys next time I go there if there's a part number for a Holden telephone.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
Hey mate i think they have a mobile phone connection in them. My car now has some info in the fuse box (from memory). Also my last VS S Ser2 came with a Panasonic phone, i think, with a cradle that was screwed where the console ash tray is meant to be and same with my Senator. Both same phones so Im guessing it was some kind of option or a wicked awesome coincidence.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
there is a connector under the left side of the console near the front, its just a generic car kit connector not a Holden item

Rob

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
I thought I saw some big connectors under the dash when I had the console out last week... There was a funny little green connector at the far left under the glovebox that wasn't attached to anything, I thought that was it.

Wouldn't be able to post any pics of the phone in the Senator?

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
EGG said:
Wouldn't be able to post any pics of the phone in the Senator?

No I wont be able to do that mate sorry. The phone is long gone and same with the cradle. Its just a normal mobile phone

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
AKII1R said:
wat would i need to run my fone through the car?

You will need a car kit that suits your phone. It may include speakers, mic etc.