Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

hardly any air flow at all. VR

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
ive got a 94 vr acclaim.
i got the aircon regassed last year and it worked well up til a few weeks ago.
it gets cold enough but takes bout 30 mins to cool down the car. the fan works on all levels but it just gets hardly any airflow at all thru the vents.
ive taken the dash apart and made sure all the vents were clear but it still is slow.
also the ones in the rear of the center console hardly get any air flow at all.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Is the flow better on recirc? I'm wondering if your fresh air intake in the plenum chamber is blocked.

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
no its not better. its actually a bit better when its not on recirc but you have to be doing at least 80k's tho.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
So is it redirecting air to the floor vents (in preference to the dash vents), or is it weak through there as well?

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
thanks for the response.
it doesnt matter where the vents are set or what cycle it is on it is the same all the time. the air flow changes when you turn the fan on the different levels but it only slightly changes the flow.

Lawso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute
Does the airflow start out ok then get worse? If so it could be the evaporator icing up.
If you have poor flow right from when you turn it on, it is likely that there is a blockage in the duct or the fan in on it's way out.

purebitch

grease princess
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr acclaim
ok. its right from the start. if you put the fan on one you hardly even know its on, on two is only slightly better and it will eventually get cold, on three it blows faster but not nearly as cold as two and takes longer to get cold, on high its just like blowing a normal fan at your face. it does this no matter where the settings are. its only on fresh when its on two and you are doing over 80k's that it gets any significantly colder. hope this makes it easier. considering we get 40deg in the shade out here i kinda want to get it fixed..
thanks.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
i got the same prob my vents get jack all air comin out the door vents and the rear vents the middle ones are OK but not the best i dont think its a block coz if it was the middle vents would work realy well insted of ok