Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tips when buying a car

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
Im checking out as 1995 Vs tomorrow and was wondering what i should be looking for?
how many km's and any easy to pick up faults/,

thanks,

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
tappet cover gaskets, power steering for leaks or noise, throttle response, get underneath and check out the rear main seal, diff noise, any clunking, handbrake, braking shudder, suspension......all of the stuff like that

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Ideally you will be looking for a low mileage, one owner series 2 (96/7)car with logbooks and the only way you can be sure that it is genuine is to buy it from the original owner. He/she will have all the original receipts etc to prove it is as advertised. If they are really genuine they will also not object to you taking the car to a mechanic for a check. You will pay less this way and not be subject to high pressure sales methods. You need to pay cash but you can always pre-arrange a loan with the credit union or whatever. Buy the best one you can afford. Good luck.

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
i have a 95 commy for sale. pm me if interested.

Cheers,

Jazack.

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
thanks,
i'm looking at one for sale but its done about 250,000K's

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
If this is your first time buying a car then don't buy a car off an 18 year old rev-head -- or you'll be forking out for drivetrain rebulids down the track and what ever else has been damaged due to them thrashing the car.

P Platers with must sell, motor runs excellent advertisements should be avoided like the plague.