Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

air con test

F

fattypomba

Hi all ,
Just ironing out all the bugs on the VS I brought last month.
I have an aircon bloke who has put SOME gas and dye in the system for free and he said to use the air for a bit over the next week and then he will put a light over it to see where it leaks.
I am hoping it wont but more than likely it will leak from somewhere.
He has quoted me only $95 to regas it I think thats good.
Knowing my luck the condenser will be shot.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Just hope it is not the evaporator - about $1000 as dash has to come out.
Did the A/C work before?.....if it worked OK it should not have any leaks. Seems a bit strange to gas and dye it and not check for leaks straight away because if it is leaking there will be no gas left after a week.
Go carefully as there is a lot of money to be made by some aircon blokes looking for work in winter.....maybe get a 2nd opinion.
Good Luck.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Not all leaks will show up straight away, atleast using the uv dye after a week all leaks should be visible (under the correct light).
A lot of people neglect to return as they think it's working again, by next season when they decide to use it again it's not and the dye that was put in has since been washed away from the leaks.....

Last edited:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Drama that may be ahead of you...it happenned to me.... fitting nut at dryer right at condensor is steel and all other components in line are aluminum....nut freezes on dryer with corrosion and corrosion eats through pipe and it leaks by itself or when you try to change the dryer...one end of the pipe is straight from condensor other is from pipe that travels along lefthand rail to o ring fitting on firewall...if either is suss you need new items.