Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto to Manual

D

danny6424

Hey guys a mate of mine has a series one Vs Berlina. Hes transmission is screwed and so he was wondering if he could do a swap to manual... Do you know what transmission would be needed for this and what kind of price would be involved? Im in Vic if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help, Danny.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Possible but a big job!

There was a kit recently sold on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4587781722&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Not a small job, but the cost can be defrayed if you needed a new slush box anyway.

Kits appear on Ebay every so often, so people start down the track, get the bits and then give up for some reason.

Normally best to get a manual in the first place, but VS Berlina Manuals are not available.

I think that I have seen links suggested about $4,500 all up cost, but that is paying wrecker prices for bits, and labour.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Hate to disagree, but you shouldn't pay anything over 2000 for all the parts. I bought a V8 kit from a VN SS for 1200, which was clutch, box, tail shaft ect. All i had to buy was a manual pedal box, and i got an RPM clutch on the side. Also helps if you have mates who know what there doing, i got away with paying 300 for labour.

Obviously you'd think a V6 one would be less, but you'd probably be best off buying a wreck, so you have all the parts you need. Theres VNs/VPs with manuals for under 2000 for the whole car, so i'm sure you could get a VS and make some money back after!