Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How can I trigger the doors to lock/unlock?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Hi all I am trying to install an alarm/immobiliser to my VS and am struggling to get the alarm to successfully lock and unlock the doors. The alarm is negative switching. If relays are required I have a couple handy.

Anyone done this before? Know which wires I need to either ground or tag with 12V?

Any help appreciated

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Come on people you can't tell me none of you have installed your own alarm before??

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
nah mate got my alarm done by a professional so i couldnt make a mess

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
shaggerz said:
Come on people you can't tell me none of you have installed your own alarm before??

Installed alarms before but I bailed on my VS because the remote built into the key is already imobiliser / keyless entry and preferred to keep it in the key.

So for alarm I just got an alarm upgrade for the existing imobiliser keyless entry which cost me $300.00 installed.

I think most people would go for that option because they dont have to worry about an extra key fob.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Doesnt your car already have the central locking? Cant you just use those relays?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Here are the wiring connections for my vr for my alarm upgrade.I used a mongoose alarm upgrade kit.VS's use a drivers door only as one function on the key so it has to be wired a bit different
Of course the control of the locks is by the BCM and the request signals are earths and the controls are two wires (brown orange and brown/red)that have a polarity change ( when 1 wire is 12v the other is negative and vise versa) to either lock or unlock the door motors.The drivers door must have its own pair of wires to make the unlock it only function.

Attachments

• unlock.jpg
    unlock.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 197

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
markovr that is just the information I needed!

OK so the brown/orange and brown/red wires are the important ones. Looks from that diagram like your alarm has negative triggers. My alarm also has negative triggers. Should I be able to simply connect these triggers to those wires? What is the state of each wire when at rest? (neither locking nor unlocking)

ie.

Brown/Red Brown/Orange
Locking: +12V Ground
Unlocking: Ground +12V
At Rest: ??? ???

If I could figure this out I know I could make it work for sure!

Thanks for the help :)