Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR- Oil warning light ON

D

dean18

I washed engine used compressed air to blow rest of water..when i start engine oil light is off for few seconds and stays on for rest of time..didnt have this problem before i washed car..can someone give some ideas where is a problem thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Yep ...the water has got into the oil pressure switch.There is a seal around the wiring connector ...maybe it has fallen off.To fix the switch you need to take it out and turn it upside down and let all the water drain out the little hole near the lugs and then blow out gently with compressed air to get rid of the last bit.It should be ok after that...maybe use a bit of dewatering fluid if it persists.

D

dean18

markovr said:
Yep ...the water has got into the oil pressure switch.There is a seal around the wiring connector ...maybe it has fallen off.To fix the switch you need to take it out and turn it upside down and let all the water drain out the little hole near the lugs and then blow out gently with compressed air to get rid of the last bit.It should be ok after that...maybe use a bit of dewatering fluid if it persists.

OK. Thanks for advice and i will have go and let you know how it all went.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Yea you should always cover that guy when you wash your engine. Take the cover off and blow with compressed air, then use a bit, A BIT, of WD-4. Just a squirt. The problem will be gone in a day or two.

D

dean18

kopper69 said:
Yea you should always cover that guy when you wash your engine. Take the cover off and blow with compressed air, then use a bit, A BIT, of WD-4. Just a squirt. The problem will be gone in a day or two.

Thanks for your help here did as you told me and today got 2.5 inch exaust from cat installed and reset ECM everything is fine now...Exaust cost me $300.00 and its worth it...