Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Stops and wont start

Alviny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC
:bang: I repolaced the ign barrell in the VS and it worked fine...for a week. Then the car stopped. The orange engine light came on first then it just bl....stopped. It started again OK and wnet for 4-5 days... this wnet on to the point now where it will starrt one in 10, then stop after 5 -10 miinutes. The CAS was replaced 10 k ago. The computer readout says 12. Whe it runs, all is fine with no error lights and engine runs sweet........
It had new coils, leads, plugs, CAS in last 12 mohts.There's no spark to the plugs when its in the no start mood. Fuel seems to be getting pumped.
Giving me the lumps...

M

Masher

Have U checked the battery connections to the battery posts..check theyr'e not corroded....sometimes this can cause these types of issues...does everything go dead or just the engine?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It wouldn't be the battery in the ingition key going flat or the part of the key which contacts the electrical contact bit around the key barrel not making proper contact??? Seems a bit funny that the probs started when the barrel was changed. I "think" the key battery has to be OK and the key making proper electrical contact with the "keyhole" for the engine to start and run....no key code = no run.