Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to remove the needles>?

M

matt69

i bought a custom instrument cluster back ground and was just wondering how to go about installing it. specifally the dash insert on my vr and the needles from the gauges. will removing these needles cause a problem i dont know bout or wat? if u could please give me sum advice it would b much appreciated.

cheers, matt.

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Hey Matt,
The speed and rev needles just pop off with a fork under them, when you put them back on, they automatically go back to zero, if not ur gonna have to guess by eye... the temp and fuel needles are a bit stiffer but come of with a fork too.. When u go to put them back on, beware that the needles can only go on one way (don't snap the pin!)
Follow the guys instructions on how to get it all out etc. when u screw the face down, make sure its flat everywhere. I had to use superglue and some other bits to make sure it sat flat. If its not flat (like mine wasn't) the needles stick in places. Also make sure u screw the screws right in. The needles get stuck on them too.
If u have any more issues with it, PM me, i've put mine in and out atleast 10 times to get it right, i consider myself an expert now! hahaha

pj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I'd be going to a speedo place when you have done it all, otherwise it could be pretty costly.

M

matt69

im really just worried bout screwin the needles with the gauges hey. as for the speedo i hav bigger wheels which means the speedo's out abit already.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Dont be a sook pj, a real man can easily do such a simple job. Oh Mr professional here is my money, take it all. Theres nothing costly about it, unless your going to open it with an axe. I have pulled mine off and the only problem i found was that the speedo sometimes stuck on 90, just opened it and adjusted it, make sure it sat on 0 and its worked perfectly. Its a holden, its tough as, play with it as much as you want, the more you do the better you will get. The better you get the more you can fix for cheaper. Besides all of the people on justcommodores are great with this stuff. We own these cars and do work on them so we know what your talking about. If you get stuck you can always come here for help and you can get expert knowledge absolutly free. You will even get the satisfaction when you know the job is done right, better then any half-assed 'professional'.

Last edited:
M

matt69

yeah i generally like to do it myself rather than pay sum1 who has less idea how to do it and generally doesnt care wat sort of job they do. i might stik it down with sum strips of thin double sided tape. has anyone tried that approach?

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
matt69 said:
yeah i generally like to do it myself rather than pay sum1 who has less idea how to do it and generally doesnt care wat sort of job they do. i might stik it down with sum strips of thin double sided tape. has anyone tried that approach?

Whats the double sided tape for?? I dont have one of these replacement faces but doesnt it come with an adhesive backing?

M

matt69

yeah i hope it has a sticky backing already applied to it cos that would keep it in place n stop it from curling up and stuff.

blocka

EXC35
Reaction score
Website
www.southerncoastcustoms.com
Members Ride
VT S L67
when you put em in mate post up some piccys