Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Desperate Help is needed...

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
hey ppl after a successfull half day, where i got my new 18's put on and ordered my new springs somethin ofcourse had to go wrong..

i got home today and noticed my car was leaking coolant... Not from any of the hoses from the top of the engine bay, but from under the engine.

called NRMA and he was checking it out for about 1 hour and couldnt find out wat i was. he thought it was the A/C but it wasn't, cause the A/C was dripping normal clear water, but there was still coolant dripping out from under the engine...

he said that it some sorta a seal unda my engine and the only way to fix it was to rip out the hole engine. which will obvioiusly cost alot of money.

he didnt seem 100% sure though.. i will take it to a mechanic but they always try n f&*^ u over. thats why im asking all of use guys.. AS MUCH INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED... its sucks to have rims pput on then the NRMA tellin u not to drive the car at all...

the car still seems to run awsome, so i duno wat the hell is going on..

please as much help as possible..

thanks to everyone....

i duno if this is relevant but a few days ago i had the orange on light appear on my dash.. it came from the cruise control side but cruise control wasnt switched on so it made me panic abit...

i duno if thats got anythin to do with the prob of not.

Ant

Reaction score
Remember that if its a hose on TOP of the engine that's gone, it will drop down and appear to be coming from the bottom.

Degrease and clean the motor, go for a SHORT drive and keep an eye on the temp gauge, get home, and see if you can see where it's coming from.

Then get back to us.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I would be checking all the hoses for any signs of stress or cracks. Although some might seem tiny under pressure and temperature they may be enough to open up. How fast is the flow from the leak? Just a drip drop? How full is the reservoir? Park your car on a level surface and leave it for a little while and try to find out exactly how far back the leak is. Is it near the radiator? The front of the engine or start of the transmission?

HTGTS383

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS215
How About The Water Pump There Is A Tell Tale Hole On The Under Side Of It That Coolant Will Leak From Them Run Down Under You Motor. This Happens When The Seal Lets Go. If You Have A Little Knowledge You Could Do The Job Your Self. If You Still Cant See Just Go To A Mechanic Or Radiator Shop And Have The Cooling System Pressurised And The Leak Should Be More Apparent. I Have Also Seen Leakingmanifold Gasket As Well
Hope This Helps

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
hey ppl thanks for the replies...

according to the NRMA dude its not the water pump.

And my radiator is always full and my reserve tank is sitting on minimum.. he also done a pressure test and all was good...

its only leaking drop by drop..

and its comin from under the engine, where the A/C pipes go through. well thats wat the dude said... he rekons it is some seal thats fu&*^ thats under the engine and the only way to replace is to lift out the engine.

the temp guage is always good. has never gone over half way and today was hot as...

thanks ppl i really appreciate all your help... KEEP IT COMIN... its still confusin the sh&^ outa me.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
on a vs or vr the overflow pipes run into the rails that the engine sits on and will drip out the holes under the car
check the welsh plugs they could be rusted thru aswell

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
hey ppl... thanks for all you help... but i got bad news... my car is fu&^%

the auto trans is about to conk out and im gettin engine warning lights now, so i duno where all this came from, but its on the way out...

its a fu*&^ shame cause i just put brand new 18's on yesterday.. n now i gotta try to sell it.

if anyone is interested let me know.. they are brand new 18" hyper black ANZ Matrix wheels, with silverstone tyres and locknuts...

sorry dont mean to be advertising but they've set me back heeps n i gotta sell them. if anyone is interested let me know... i got reciepts and all...

thanks ppl for all your help.. i really appreciate it

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
before u jump to that conclusion, what makes u say the tranny is stuffed? is that the only reason your selling it other then the coolant leak?

Gs VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97' VS S-Pack Series 2
no conclusion jumpin, this was all said from the pro's...

oil leak, coolant leak, welsch plugs need replacing, auto tranny is slippin gears and holding out badly... too much to list...

when its gotta go, its gotta go. i aint wastin anymore money on it.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Gs VS said:
no conclusion jumpin, this was all said from the pro's...

oil leak, coolant leak, welsch plugs need replacing, auto tranny is slippin gears and holding out badly... too much to list...

when its gotta go, its gotta go. i aint wastin anymore money on it.

how much u sell it for?