Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel problems

h2obro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II
Hey all, was driving along the other day and my VR started to shudder a bit ( sort of like low fuel ) didnt think too much of it as tank was a bit low. So fillled her up and was driving today . Going Up a hill she decided to do it again. I can only sort of describe it as like trying to drive with half your injectors unplugged. Stopped for a bit and then off we went again. Got home and noticed the normal humming noise from the fuel pump is now more like a gargling sound. Anyhow replaced plugs and leads before I noticed the noise. Am going to change pump and filter tomorrow. Should I do the pressure regulator too? are these expensive? any help gratefully appreciated.

thanks

K

Konker

do as you want really but rememver to release the pressure from the fuel rail first and NEVER but never run a fuel pump half full. dunk it in a bucket of fuel before you install it. lots of flames resulted when my mate ignored my advice. anyways best of luck bud

h2obro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II
True bro, Didnt know that one.

Cheers