Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr engine probs i think

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hey guys,
i got a v6 auto vr commodore, ive had fuel pump filter and regulator, its been serviced (new leads filters oil etc) throttle body cleaned (taken off car and cleaned) new iac valve installed new alternator and battery, new oxygen sensor, and it was running okish, but the revs are all screwy, have been since i got the car, sometimes itll start perfect and idle around 750 or around there, but then when i change into a gear (ie. Drive or Reverse) the revs drop to about 200 then go up tp about 500 which doesnt worry me all the time except when im reversing down the driveway and stick into drive, it stalls (about 15%) of the time. any suggestions?? thanks in advance

Last edited:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
jdjones said:
maybe o2 sensor.or air leak

soz ive got the oxygen sensor replaced too, ill check all the vacuum lines etc thanks

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
Are you sure it's going as low as 200??? there are two lines on the bottom on the tacho - the lower one is 0 and the one only slightly above it is 500.

Could be something like the IAC valve is not quite in the right position.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
jNINE said:
Are you sure it's going as low as 200??? there are two lines on the bottom on the tacho - the lower one is 0 and the one only slightly above it is 500.

Could be something like the IAC valve is not quite in the right position.

yea soz its just over that little line, but the iac valve seems to be fine, new o ring valve and throttle body gasket, i just bought a new MAP sensor and its still doing it, ive checked all visible hoses and they seem to be fine

im really stuck for ideas

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
some one told me it maybe my cat converter?? could this be true, are they expensive to get sum1 to check em?