Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fan problem

M

matt69

oh my god. i own a vr ss and 2 nite my fan has just fully shred the plastic protective shroud. i shuddered wen i first heard the noise as i thought it was an engine sound. i removed the cold air scoop and have noticed the shroud has come loose but the top screws dont seem 2 tighten it. hopefully the warranty the dealer gav me will cover it. if anyone else has experienced this problem any advice would be much appreciated.

M

matt69

ive reassesed the problem and it looks like its a water pump bearing hey. hopefully they will cover it with the used car warranty they gave me!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Good luck with the warranty as some have got so many exclusions and fine print its not funny. Watch out if they try and offer to pay half as they get their mechanic to charge double which means you still pay. There are however some honest warantys but generally they are those from dealerships. Good luck.

M

matt69

yeah i rang the holden dealership and a new water pump is $209, fanblade $179 and the shroud is $37. i bought it through the holden dealership about a month ago and ive done liitle km's so hopefully its still covered by the standard used car warranty as opposed to the 5 yr pristiege warranty i hav wen the used car 1 runs out. at least i hope they covered it or else im screwed! :ranting:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Does the water pump price include fitting? Otherwise it's a very expensive water pump.

M

matt69

thats just the price the parts gal at mandurah holden gave me. rip off merchants! :ranting: hopefully i wont and shouldnt have to pay for anything!

M

matt69

does anyone know the average price of a water pump as i think 200 bucks is a bit excessive.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Read your warranty...especially the fine print...and when you take the car in ask to see the salesman who sold you the car as he/she may just give you a bit of help. If you are not happy with what they say, ask the RACQ or Office of Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs for advice. Play it cool and don't take it for granted that you will get a knockback as they have a reputation to uphold. Good Luck and think positive!

M

matt69

Yeah i know i just always plan for the worst. they did recently win the rural dealer award. cheers hacko uve cheered me up!

96ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs ss
call amcap dude i gurantee theyre cheaper (dealer buys off amcap or covs then slaps a percentage usually 10-15% on top off their retail) 93516666