Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ok Wtf And How

V

VSAccCom

ok i changed my water pump coz it was making a noise, no noise for about 5 min and now its making the exact same FKN NOISE WTF >.< :ranting: :b: :b:... anyone help me plz i couldnt have been a faulty pump could it coz the bearing was gone on the other one now this brand new one cant be unless :rice: cant make products for ****

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I think there are 2 different pumps for the VS - one for early VS Ecotec and one for later VS Ecotec....if you fit the early one in a late motor the impeller will foul the block. Your parts place should have alerted you to this.

V

VSAccCom

yeah i know but there is only one that fitted the pulley that i had i tried holdens one, didnt fit then i went to repco and tried the pulley on both and only one fitted so like wtf >.<

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
u sure it isnt the belt making the noise

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
^^^ what aero said

V

VSAccCom

mmmk well i dun think its the belt coz it sounds like metal tinkling sound, i was told by a mechanic that my water pump bearing was ****ed so i changed it worked fkn great for a bout 5 min then same god dam sound and ive got the shits with it fkn :rice: ... i just want the sound GOOONE :(

V

VSAccCom

wtf is idler pulley and would it make a noise in drive or reverse coz that the only time it does, it doesnt make it when im in Park or neutral, and why would it stop if i changed my water pump :s then suddenly come back

R

rattattack1313

Idler pulley is the wheel that keeps the pressure on the fan belt....lift the bonnet, start her up, and listen closely to her talking to you...... could be the harmonic balancer...timing chain...anything...

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
actually now you say it only happens under load (in gear) id be going with ratt and saying harmonic balancer (the thing below the water pump)