Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore central locking/immobiliser problem

shakarn7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
I have the problem of not being able to start the car without having to wait 2 hours to bypass the immobiliser. The car somehow got deadlocked and a passer-by said to use the key in the door and force it. Which he did. Got the door open but only the drivers side door. The car would not start. Got a new key fob from a locksmith in case the key was damaged but this did not help. The key fob won't lock, unlock the doors or start the car without having to do the 2 hour reset. Is the deadlock still on? Does the deadlock keep the immobiliser on? How do i get the deadlock off? How do i get a hold of the schematic for the central locking and immobiliser? Or is there a problem with my new key? Please help!!! It's desperately urgent.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Unless you or someone else with your key actually turned the drivers door lock to the deadlock position, then it will not be deadlocked. If it has been deadlocked and the drivers door keylock will not turn or is jammed, then you will need to remove the door trim to access the actual microswitch that switches the deadlock facility on/off. (it's attached to the inside of the door opener) A pic is attached to give you an idea of what/where it is. I'd first spray the switch and key with WD40 just in case you can un-jam it, if not you will need to disconnect the microswitch to bridge the contacts (or disconnect - cannot remember which way so you will have to experiment). You will know when the immobiliser is off when the flashing red light below the radio goes off.
Your old keyhead should still lock/unlock the car unless it has a flat battery.
Is this the first time you've had trouble with the central locking?

Attachments

• deadlock.jpg
    deadlock.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16,384
  • microswitch.jpg
    microswitch.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 15,230
Last edited:

shakarn7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
central locking/immobiliser problem

We have the drivers door open and now the drivers side rear door unlocked but not the passenger side. Does this mean the deadlock is still on and keeping the immobiliser on even with key in ignition? My old fob fell apart and battery is dead. The old key fob had trouble unlocking the car. However my new key fob does not work at all on the doors. Is this due to the deadlock still being on the passenger side doors? How do i get the passenger side doors to unlock? Can i bypass the immobiliser all together?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Unless your new key fob has been programmed to your car then it will not work. Do you know if the deadlock had been activated by the key?
No idea why some doors will open and other not unless the locks are worn/buggered. You could pull the trim on each door and snip the wires that go to the lock I guess.
For the no start problem, I'd get a new Body Control Module (BCM) from a wrecker with a working key. Then you just swap the BCM and it should be right. You also then switch the key fob to the old metal key so you don't have lock problems. Generally they go for $100 with a keyhead. Make sure you get one with the same series number as the old one.
Maybe someone else has some ideas.

shakarn7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Rang the locksmith and they checked there box thing pr something and said that the key is programmed properly. It should work. Waited the 2 hours and tried to take car to destination when it stalled. Right in Brisbane city. Im broke to Tuesday. Can't afford tow truck. Im sure car Will get Impounded if i can't move it quick. How can i get doorlock off passenger side doors? It must have something to do with the immobiliser not turning off. PLEASE HELP!!!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You'll have to wait the 2 hours I guess and sorry I cannot help you in this situation. Many years ago I stripped the camshaft gear on my FJ Holden in the middle of Tom Uglys bridge in Sydney - coppers helped me push it off the bridge and drove me home to Canterbury. Went back the next day to instal new gear. Hopefully your problem will come good as well.
I thought only Holden could program a keyhead - locksmiths can program a keyhead only if they have a working keyhead to copy the code from.???
No mates/parents/friends/workmates that can tow you?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
a locksmith will only be able to half code a new key if the old key is still working, so sounds like the battery is flat in the old one so the new one wasn't programmed, if that's the case then you will need someone with a scantool to program the blank keyhead properly, you will need to have the key in for 2hrs to unlock bcm then program with a scantool. Either that or you have other problems. The interior locks shouldn't matter if the key is working it will disable the immobilizer when you turn the key.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
from what I understand, the deadlock feature only physically stops the doors from being able to be forced open from either side and disables electronic central locking from the remote and the door snibs in the car. the deadlock will only activate if the key is turned accordingly in the driver's side door and can only be de-activated the same way. on my VR statesman, alarm/immobiliser is only armed when you hit the "doors" button to lock the car or if the doors button is not pressed, when the timeout has passed and the interior lights go out and the window controls power off so as far as I know, it's not connected to the immobiliser.

if the new key won't unlock the car or bypass immobiliser, your BCM could be the problem.

Lork

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore
VY commodore issue

hi guys, my 2004 com my, has had the keys go through the ocean and now the alarm goes off when i open the doors manually with the key, and the engine turns over but won't start.... can i fix this without getting it taken to holden ?>??

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Like any electronic device that gets wet you should let it dry before you try to use it or it might short. How long since it got splashed?