Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

brakes

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
i had new bendix pads put on at midas 2 weeks ago, yesterday they started makeing huge schreching sounds then began shuddering. took car straight back to midas, the front pads were not cliped in properly or something i just know they wanted to charge me $60 labour to clip em in.

does anyone know how to do this

cheers michael

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
That's their problem they didn't clip them in properly the first time, take it back and demand it be fixed properly.

V

VSAccCom

yeah i agree with raging bull if anyone ever ****s something up on a service take it back man, if they turn nasty u say fine ill have the MTA and Department of Fair Trading have a look at the car... im sure they fix it up quicksmart

crainy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6
all fixed, simply rang up midas ask to speak to manager told him the story he said come in and they would fix em complementary, n yer i said but its your fault it wasnt safe. so they fixed em, machined my rotors n **** for free n gave me $100 gift voucher. i aint goin back there

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
It's easy to see why you got the runaround - the mechanic who installed them didn't instal them properly, then you come back complaining and he says you're wrong and it's gunna cost you $60 to fix....the mech is not gunna admit he stuffed up as the boss will get up him....so then you ring the boss who tries to salvage the stuffup. That $100 gift voucher will probably come out of the mechanics Xmas bonus......

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
crainy said:
all fixed, simply rang up midas ask to speak to manager told him the story he said come in and they would fix em complementary, n yer i said but its your fault it wasnt safe. so they fixed em, machined my rotors n **** for free n gave me $100 gift voucher. i aint goin back there

Yeah that's how things normally turn out, remember as the customer you're always right and always request to speak to the manager because retaining a businesses reputation by far outweights any small profit losses.

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Dont know for sure exactly but places arn't really supposed to be named on forums for this type of conversation. I think the above company would have a fair case of slander if it was to go to court. I dissagree totally tho, if a place is bad I'd wanna know about it!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Slander? Crainy was just telling everyone what has happened. I think what Midas did was very dangerous. I think they should be lucky that he didnt go to the television station and sell his story. Sends a good message out to everyone. I know some people would have just paid it, which is really wrong.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'm pretty sure Midas made an honest mistake...as we all do although we hate to admit it.
If a company makes mistakes all the time they won't be in business for long.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
The problem is not focused on the fact that they made a mistake but more the way in which they tried to resolve the problem they created. If they made a mistake with Crainy's brakes and were told about it they should have dropped everything and fixed the problem. Especially becuase it is relating to the cars breaking system. Imagine if he crashed, they would be sued and Crainy would win. So yes they made an honest mistake, no it shouldnt have happened. They fact that they told him they would charge him to fix it is disgusting. Nice to hear the manager resolved it without having to worry about it any further.

Last edited: