Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

215i?

U

Ultimate_Megatron

G'day I have a 185i 5L vr calais, I have been considering modifying the engine but was wondering wether it would be cheaper to try and get a 215i engine and drop it in. i have a few questions.
1. Would a 215 engine fit in ok? I have a fully rebuilt auto box would it have to be strengthened? would i need a different diff?ect
2. Where could i get a 215i engine? i have tried a few wreckers but they weren't much help (one tried to tell me a 215 isnt stroked it just a 5L with a different chip?)
3. approximately how much would one set me back?
4. approximately how much could I get for my 185i engine? (it has rebuilt heads, new hydraulic lifters, throttle body and a few other things has done 180 000 ks)
any help would be greatly appreciated

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Whoever told you the 215 engine is just chipped is an idiot. The 215i engines are 5.7L strokers. It's not worth it for you to try and do a transplant, I'd reccomend either going for the COME 355 stroker crank upgrade or any other stroker package, or just mod the 5L.

U

Ultimate_Megatron

how much does a 355 stroker kit cost?
and the wouldn't i need to get the cylinders bored?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
Call up COME racing, they'll tell you everything.

simmons001

I like VS Caprices
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange/VS Caprice S1 5.0
I am looking at this for my VS Caprice

I would absolutely recommend getting your motor stroked with the appropriate crank. Many shops can do this for you easy peasy, plenty of kits about for it.

Then you know exactly what you have dont you? :)

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I would love to get my VS 3.8 stroked. How much does this cost??? Anyone had it done?