Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Starting out first car a VS... Help!

M

Mattaz

hey there, Lads,

I've just finished high school I'm about to get my license and I've been looking at geting me a VS series 2 alot of my mates round here have VP there great cars but there not for me.
I don't know much about cars and I don't want to spend too much because I want to pimp it up so It'll piss all over my mate's Ford. :king: Could you please Tell me what to look for in a VS?

Cheers, Matt
:thumbsup:

Go The West Coast Eagles!

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
Mattaz said:
hey there, Lads,

I've just finished high school I'm about to get my license and I've been looking at geting me a VS series 2 alot of my mates round here have VP there great cars but there not for me.
I don't know much about cars and I don't want to spend too much because I want to pimp it up so It'll piss all over my mate's Ford. :king: Could you please Tell me what to look for in a VS?

Cheers, Matt
:thumbsup:

Go The West Coast Eagles!

welcome to just commodores and good to hear ur after a commodore :p , just above here, there is a Search Button, try that before posting, cheers

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
you dont have anything to fear from a f@#d if your driving a holden garunteed he will break down first.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
the usual.. low ks, clean, no major engine problems, everything aligns (boot lids) to check for previous accidents. Then figure out what model and engine you want.

always best to get mate/mechanic to look at it if your not sure, check it out completely so you know what your buying.

welcome to holden :D

one thing.. when you say 'pimp it up' i hope theres no side order of rice with that.

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
Make sure you like the colur of the interior unless you want to redo the whole like I have to because mine is BROWN. But I didnt have much choice not many 6 seater holdens around.

M

Mattaz

dlzn said:
the usual.. low ks, clean, no major engine problems, everything aligns (boot lids) to check for previous accidents. Then figure out what model and engine you want.

always best to get mate/mechanic to look at it if your not sure, check it out completely so you know what your buying.

welcome to holden :D

one thing.. when you say 'pimp it up' i hope theres no side order of rice with that.

When I say "pimp it up" I mean to deck it out with new body kit, some neons, a pumpin sound system (that'll blow them all away), sports exhaust i want her to turn heads :coolpimp:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
so..ur in the market for a vs hey,well u gotta do one thing when ur lookin round for ur new ride. once u find "the one" get it looked at by a professional mechanic (not just sum mate who thinks he knows everything) it'll be worth the $50 or so to make sure ur not up for thousands in the long run.
Also,if u r gunna pimp up your ride..dont put bloody neons or or one of those stupid exhaust cannons on it....it just reeks of ricers