Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best way to strip a VR to sell

P

puncy

just wondering what would be the best way to strip a VR to sell pieces individually, my VR's front end has nearly crapped itself (went under water 1 year ago) just wondering if it would be a good idea to sell: seats, doors, boot, bonnet, 2 & 1/2 inch full sports exhaust, mags, indicator covers headlights, brake lights, if i put these all up on ebay would you think anyone would buy them. theres nothing wrong with any of them they all work fine just a few other parts that are ****ing up that i was told it cant be fixed.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Not sure of all the options out there, other people might be able to point you out. But i do know ebay is a good place to start. Depending on what condition parts are in you can get quite a good $ turnover. I would also be highlighting in the ad that you are wreaking a 'blah blah' commodore, and that people should email you if they are after something in particular. This forum would also be a good place to advertise your email and what you have. Just this week on ebay i emailed a guy who is doing that very thing and asked him if he had an interior fan motor. He offered it to be for $20 + $10 postage, which is great for me. Saves me driving to the wreakers and pulling apart a car. Sent to me in a few days, next day off i just put it together. Things like front and back lights go really well, air bag, instrument cluster etc etc(not sure about wheels) everything. Im after a new steering wheel including air bag if you got on in good condition.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
do u have lowerd springs and extractors

P

puncy

no extracters, but i got lowered springs, i just gotta wait till i get my new car in aboiut 2 weeks before i start to pull it apart

P

puncy

well i ended up doing a trade in at zupps for it, i got the new holden barina with auto and all onroads for 15000, they gave me around 2000 for my car, which is pretty good considering its:

got no A/C - ****ed up so i took it off the belt
Rust forming in the engine bay
cv joints are ****ed
tyres are bald
i didnt mention to them that it had the front end under water - salt water that is
minor oil leaks
242,000 on the clock
auto just about to **** itself

but maybe they just wanted the sale, who knows, i got the 4cyl i wanted, now i just have to make repayments for the next 7 years