Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS sII oxygen sensor(s)

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
ive searched the threads and im still confused as to how many oxygen sensors my 96 vs s11 (v6) has.

went to autobarn to put one on order (need to spend gift voucher lol) and they are telling me the vs only has one sensor. I remember a mechanic and some other thread saying later vs's have two.

anyone clear this up for me?
or how do i check (one on paceys and other?)

thx.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
There are 2 on the VS, one on each engine pipe. Are you sure you need to replace them?

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
there are 2 on the vs s11 and if i had to guess they would be 4 wire sensors.

have a look under the car on the exhaust in front of the cat. there should be one on each side, they might be in different places. it's prettty easy to see if you have 2's or 4's.

when you go to buy them make sure they ask you:

the year and month you car was built, whether the ones you need are 2 or 4 wires, series 1 or 2. (if they dont, they dont know s%^t and you will end up with the wrong ones.

good lck with it mate. i did mine recently, went from 300 to 450 a tank.

cheers,

Jazack.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
ah thanks.. lucky i checked, the wire from the sensor plug to the engine has been streched to fit. It is now almost stripped and if i hadnt noticed.. snap

ill be getting the sensors in soon, then its off to an auto elec to redo all the wiring.. crap