Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

removing centre console

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
hi,
i've got a VR statesman and i need to get the centre console out,i undone the 2 screws inside the console but i don't know where to go from there????? any hel would be appreciated thanks in advance everyone!!

StatOmaN

Custom Title
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Statesman
it should lift up a bit now, get a screwdriver unclick the power windows, should lift up a bit more unclick/unscrew the ciggy lighter, lift up now move the gear selctor to like 3rd and turn the centre bit to the side and lift up and over...and that should b it

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Just pulled mine apart yesterday as well as the whole lower dash to fix a problem with the climate control (3 hours labour later and fingers crossed I've fixed it). As StatOmaN said, once the ciggy lighter and power window switches are out of the way, slide the console towards the rear seat and that will release the tabs from the front of the console. Then with the handbrake pulled up that should allow you to do the maneuver over the gear selector.