Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cleaning the Injectors

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Had my Injectors cleaned on Friday just gone. I was originally quoted $117 to get them cleaned and for them to R&R. As expected they were spraying all over the place, one of the Injectors was not able to be cleaned to satisfactory requirements. That cost me an extra $63 and then new seal / pintle set and cleaning of the fuel rails. Ends up cost me $206 minus the new injector. :mad: Did notice the actual price until after I drove off, as I paid by Eftpos. :b:

Anyhow it's was all worth it, the car has much better throttle response and acceleration. :yeah: This was done on my VR V6 with only 143K on the clock. So I would recommend this to any one chasing performance as well as better fuel economy.

The day before this happened my battery light come on and I had the RAA come out and replace the now dead battery. He then tells me the Alternator is also faulty. So that's about another $250 - $300 on top the $110 for the battery:ranting:

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
It doesn't end does it!!

I've been thinking about grabbing a new set of injectors...

BTW, l'd replace the alternator as soon as you could as mine failed one day when l was at a mates place, didn't even think that it was the alternator so we jump started the car and l got about 1-2KM away and then it just died, no power at all!! First of all my stereo shut off, then my steering, indicators and braking all slowed down and it all ended when l could hardly take off from the traffic lights!!! A tow truck and $320 later l had my self a new battery and alternator... :(

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Yeah I brought a reconditioned alternator for $140. So the cars all happy again, which keeps me happy too. :D The battery was 4 1/2 years old, so I bought the same extra heavy duty battery again.

U

Ultimate_Megatron

i'm no mechanic but it sounds like you've blown a gasket

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
get your alternator checked, I had a faulty resistor, cost me $50 to get it replaced, much cheaper than a new one.

Damo

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
damo007 said:
get your alternator checked, I had a faulty resistor, cost me $50 to get it replaced, much cheaper than a new one.

Damo
Was going to replace just the resistor, but then thought I might be in the same situation again in the not so distant future. This way I have at least a 12 month warranty.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
BT1 VR said:
Was going to replace just the resistor, but then thought I might be in the same situation again in the not so distant future. This way I have at least a 12 month warranty.

Its been about 4 years since i replaced mine and it is still going strong. From memory the old resistor played up for about 12-18 months before finally dying, so hopefully I've still got a few years left in this one. :unsure: